I had gotten into a groove of listening to podcasts every morning before work on business and inspiration, but for some reason, time got away from me. However, in an effort to get back on track, today I want to share my top 5 business and inspirational podcasts that I frequently listen to.
1. The Smart Passive Income podcast with Pat Flynn: This podcast is probably one of my favorites because over time, I feel like I have gotten to know Pat Flynn. Nearly every podcast is in an interview format where he gets the inside tips and tricks from successful entrepreneurs. He also takes the time to interview people from various types of businesses as well. While each interview is insightful, they are also personal. Pat asks about successes, but also about failures and major challenges.
I will also say that the Smart Passive Income Newsletter is one of the few newsletters that I actually read when it hits my inbox. It’s also one of the most simple too. Generally it’s plain text and Pat is “talking to you” about something he discovered or a specific tip or trick he feels that would be helpful. When he has a podcast where he is just sharing his own tips and tricks, I always feel like we are talking on the phone too. I love his genuine presence online.
2. The Lively Show with Jess Lively: I can’t talk enough about Jess. I’ve been reading her blog for quite some time, so it is only natural that when she created a podcast, I loved it to. All of the podcasts are interviews with people who have some type of inspirational story. While nearly every guest is an entrepreneur, the focus is not on just on business; it’s more about the guest’s life and how they overcame a particular struggle.
This show is fairly new, so I still can single out several memorable favorites. I would recommend listing to this episode if you are going through a break up, this one if you are interested in learning more about mental health, this one if you want to hear about finances, and this one if you want to hear from a blogger who is the breadwinner in her home.
3. Myleik Teele’s Podcast with Myleik Teele: Myleik is the creator of the uber popular CurlBox and she just keeps it real in her podcasts. I love that they are normally under 15 minutes, and she always breaks each topic down into a few parts that are easy to follow. Some days she focuses on business tips, and other days she has more inspirational and motivational content.
I think that Ms. Teele really is the definition of a #bossbabe, and I also talked about her earlier this year when she was interviewed for the 100 life goals webinar on New Years. If you are looking for someone to be brutally honest about pursuing your dreams and what it takes to be happy and successful in life, this podcast is a must-have.
4. TEDTalks (audio) podcast: These are great, short talks on any topic that you can think of. I listen to this podcast randomly when I want to hear something new and out of the ordinary. I’ve gone from tearing up to laughing hysterically since the topics are so diverse.
5. Internet Business Mastery with Jeremy Frandsen and Jason Van Orden: I found this podcast through Pat Flynn and it has been a staple when I want specific information on how to run an internet business. The podcasts used to be longer, but they have since condensed them into about 30 minutes each. One of my favorites is about how to build an effective Twitter strategy.
I’d also note that with the IBM podcast, that the two men who run the podcast have been friends and business partners for awhile. You can literally feel the chemistry as you listen to each podcast. They do many podcasts together, but then they also bring in other parties in an interview format as well. Regardless, I think it’s unique to hear 2 perspectives on every single podcast.
And that’s that! I used to subscribe to these podcats via iTunes, but since I have an Android phone and don’t always like to carry my iPad around, I’ve opted to listen via the Podcast Addict application on my Galaxy S5.
Do you listen to podcasts? And if so, which ones?