Has this week felt super long to you? It definitely has been for me, so I thought I’d share a cocktail recipe with you today since that is what I’m planning to indulge in over this weekend.
If you’re in NYC, I can imagine that you’ll be staying in due to the blizzard, so before you lock the door behind you, be sure to pick up some cocktail essentials. And if you didn’t already know about Sparkling ICE, well, you are in for a treat. I’ve been drinking these from time to time when I get sick of plain ol’ water – but I never thought to make a cocktail with them. I’m excited – no, really. I cannot wait until today at 5pm so I can leave work, go shopping and put on my pjs.
To go along with all of the recent award shows, the cocktail above is called “Red Carpet Ready” – and it can be made virgin, or non-alcholic too.
- 4 cups apple cider, chilled
- 2 cups cranberry juice cocktail, chilled
- 2 cups SPARKLING ICE Crisp Apple, chilled
- 1 can (12oz.) frozen orange juice concentrate
- Apple slices for garnish
- Rosemary cranberry sprig for individual garnish, as shown in image, or float fresh or frozen cranberries in punch bowl
Add a splash of vodka or prosecco for a cocktail modification
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients and let sit overnight
- Serve chilled, garnish with rosemary cranberry sprig
I’m also a huge fan of black cherry flavored cocktails, so here is one called the “Black Cherry Bombshell”. Generally, I’m not even a bourbon fan, but this recipe is really good.
- Frozen black cherries
- 1½ oz. Kentucky bourbon
- 1 oz. SPARKLING ICE Black Raspberry
- Crush cherries into bottom of a glass
- Pour bourbon then SPARKLING ICE over crushed cherries and ice
- Add more cherry for garnish
And that’s that! I’m also a bit obsessed with the Tasty Facebook Page – so I plan on selecting at least one recipe to try over the weekend to compliment the cocktails… or honestly, just make me feel good. I’m looking at the Eggy Bread Pizza Sandwich, Mini Chicken Pot Pies, or the Carnitas Steamed Buns – but only if I really feel like pulling out the slow cooker.
Do you happen to have any movie recommendations? Cause nothing is better than cocktails, good food, and Netflix.
This post was inspired by 5WPR in collaboration with Sparkling Ice . All images are from 5WPR, but the opinions are all my own. I’m a huge fan of sparkling drinks to save on calories, but not on flavor. And yes, I came up with that line on my own.