I want a bigger booty. I tell my trainer. I tell my friends. I talk about it to anyone who will listen. It’s an obsession really. I’ve never done a 30 day squat challenge, but one night last week when I couldn’t sleep, I found myself doing some squats after getting inspired looking at female bikini competitor physiques on Instagram.
I thought it would be fun to join in on the glute growing fun and create my own 30 day squat challenge.
The first two nights that I did my squats, I did 75, so my goal is to double that amount in 30 days. I’ve seen squat challenges go all the way up to 250 squats by the end of 30 days, but I was sore after doing 75 (and ya’ll know I workout) so I thought 150 was a large enough goal for now.
I hope that you’ll want to join in with me, so here is the breakdown of what we will be doing for the next 30 days.
HOW THIS WORKS
- Once you decide that you’d like to join in on the fun, I recommend taking a side profile BEFORE picture so you can document your progress at the end of 30 days.
- I purposely didn’t list out specific dates, so feel free to join in on any day of the week or month. Just make sure you start at Day 1, even if your Day 1 is technically another day of the month.
- Each day do the allotted amount of squats (I recommend breaking the total number of squats into 3 sets. For example, on Day 1 there are 75 squats. This can be broken down into 3 sets of 25.) While I break my squats into 3 sets, I like to do them in one sitting. However, if you are new to squats, you are welcome to complete them throughout the day if that works better for you.
- While you may want to skip the rest days, try and let your body recoup every few days as outlined.
- To fight soreness, try foam rolling your hamstrings and glutes after each session.
- On Day 30, take a side profile AFTER photo to compare to your Day 1 BEFORE photo.
- Feel like sharing? Tweet or Instagram with the hashtag #MYSquatChallenge to @manifesturself
* Disclaimer: While I am a fitness junkie, I am not a certified personal trainer so please consult your doctor, trainer, or another certified professional before attempting this challenge. Since I would like to grow my booty, I also need to cover it by making sure I include a disclaimer.*
So, are you up for the challenge?